Vip Car Care’s quality and affordable window tinting service for cars, trucks and buses protects you and your vehicle from the sun, while improving its appearance.
Window tinting offers a range of aesthetic and functional benefits that makes it a popular feature for many cars. Window tinting:
- Improves the attractiveness of your car
- Blocks up to 99% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays that can accelerate skin aging and cause skin cancer
- Improves air conditioning efficiency
- Holds broken glass together in a car accident reducing the risk of injury to occupants
- Prevents interior fading that is otherwise caused by the sun improving longevity of your seat covers and the car’s resale value
Not all window tinting is created equal. Cheap window tinting may not offer sufficient UV protection or may not be scratch resistant.
At Vip Car Care we use high performance tinting film with a VLT (Visible Light Transmittion) of 35%. This means that our window tinting rejects 99% of UV, blocks over 50% of heat, and reduces glare by over 65%.
There are strict regulations for window tinting in the ACT and Australia. Vip Car Care have the knowledge in ensuring that all tinting services comply with ACT and Australian law.
The following standards are applied to all vehicles registered in the ACT and are consistent with nationally accepted standards:
- Tinting or tinted film must not be reflective or mirror like.
- The windscreen must have a light transmission level of at least 70%. Windscreen glazing of a motor vehicle must not be coated in a way that reduces its luminous transmittance.
- Windows adjacent and rearward of the diver’s seating position must have a visible light transmission level of at least 35%.
- The light transmission requirements do not apply to a tinted or opaque band at the top of the windscreen providing it is above the portion of the windscreen swept by the wipers or its depth is no more than 10% of the depth of the windscreen.
There is no limit for windows to the rear of the driver if the vehicle is a light truck or commercial, or other goods carrying vehicles and buses.
Please Note: All vehicle windows that have glass that meets the Australian Design Rules (ADRs) and has dark glass (also known as or called privacy glass) fitted cannot have any window film applied to it. All glazing that includes applied film is required to meet the 35 % LT rule.
Of course, you do not need to worry about the above if you have us tint your windows. We will ensure all tinting is fully compliant.
If you are ready to get high quality window tinting done by an experienced installer, then visit Vip Car Tinting for more info.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT